Teacher Training Courses
Why Choose IH Malta?
The International House World Organization (IHWO) is one of the largest and oldest groups of language schools in the world. It pioneered Teacher Training programmes for English as a Foreign Language (EFL) and its courses and centres remain some of the most sought-after in the industry.
Our highly experienced teacher trainers have put together a programme that will not only prepare you for the exam, but will also help you gain some practical knowledge and skills that you will need when entering the classroom in the role of a teacher.
You can download the Teacher Training Courses Catalogue (PDF).
Decide on the continuous professional development (CPD) courses that best suit you and your institution’s needs. These 5-day courses can be combined* to allow you to get the best skills and knowledge match for your context. We offer 5-day courses in:
– Advanced classroom management and techniques
- Provides participants with a range of practical skills to ensure an engaging and student-centred classroom, focusing on how to help learners meet their learning objectives.
– Approaches and methodology in TEFL
- Examines the history of different methods in English Language Teaching and understand where the techniques used in today’s classrooms have their origins.
– How to teach exam classes
- Gives participants basic Language Assessment Literacy knowledge and a range of practical skills as to how to teach strategies, and align teaching and learning to assessment in a meaningful way.
– Principals and practice in action in TEFL
- Develops techniques and expands on participants experiences in an EFL classroom using the Communicative Approach.
- Familiarises participants with how sounds are made in English, common learner problems of different nationalities, the phonemic script as a classroom tool and practical exercises to use with students.
– Technology in the class room
- Increases teachers’ confidence and basic skills in using different technology in the classroom.
– Teaching 1 to 1 and small groups
- Familiarises participants with the difference between 1 to 1 and group classes and equips them with a range of resources and techniques.
All of these short CPD (Continuing Professional Development) courses are eligible for Erasmus + funding.
For more information and course details: Erasmus+ Teacher Training courses
*Note: These courses can be combined to create your own tailored 2-week course.
Teacher Training Course Dates 2020
|Course name||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
|Advanced classroom management and techniques||10th Feb. 2020||20th April 2020||24th August 2020||19th Oct. 2020|
|Approaches and methodology in TEFL||3rd Feb. 2020||16th March 2020||14th Sept. 2020||9th Nov. 2020|
|How to teach exam classes||Upon request|
|Phonology||23rd Nov. 2020||Other dates upon request|
|Teaching 1-to-1 and small groups||Upon request|
|Technology in the classroom||28th Sept. 2020||Other dates upon request|
|Principals and Practice in action in TEFL||3rd Aug. 2020||Upon request|