Legal English (Online)
Who is the course for:
Learners who need to be able to use English in the legal profession.
By the end of the course, participants will have been able to:
- improve their ability to write common legal text types in English;
- improve their ability to read and understand legal texts, such as legal periodicals, commercial legislation, legal correspondence and other commercial law documents;
- increase their comprehension of spoken English when it is used to speak about legal topics in meetings, presentations, interviews, discussions. etc.
- strengthen their speaking skills and engage more effectively in a range of speaking situations typical of legal practice, such as client interviews, discussions with colleagues and contract negotiations.
The course focuses on the following aspects:
- the analysis and production of authentic legal texts;
- language functions common to legal texts;
- vocabulary learning that goes beyond mere terminology acquisition taking larger chunks of language into account.