TEFL & TELT COURSES
Evening Course designed and led by Alan Marsh B.A.,M.A., M.Ed.(ELT), Cambridge ESOL CELTA and DELTA.
Time: 17:15 – 20:30
Venue: IH Malta, 29, Triq Victor Denaro, Msida MSD1604 (view on Google Maps)
- TEFL Cert Course : March 09 - April 02, 2020
- TEFL Cert Course : June 01 - June 25, 2020
- TELT Preparation Course: February 19 - March 06, 2020
|TEFL March 09 - April 02, 2020|
|TEFL June 01 - June 25, 2020|
Provisional Autumn Dates
|TEFL September 14 - October 15, 2020|
|BREAK (Assignment 1) Sept 29-Oct 02|
|TELT February 19 - March 06, 2020|
|TELT October 19-29, 2020|
- TEFL Cert. Course - €250
- TELT Preparation Course - €195
Alan has over 40 years teaching and teacher training experience in various countries and has taught and developed teachers from all over the world. Besides being the President of MATEFL (Malta Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language) Alan is also a course tutor on the internationally prestigious Cambridge ESOL CELTA and DELTA courses.
TEFL Cert course at International House Malta
International House Malta is fully recognised and approved by the ELT Council (Ministry for Education) as a TEFL Cert Course Centre
At IH Malta we can help you enter the engrossing world of Teaching English as a Foreign Language to students from all over the world.
With a specific course that leads to Certification as a TEFL teacher, our TEFL Cert Course is a requirement set by the Ministry for Education. Led by Alan Marsh the course is designed to provide participants with the basic teaching skills and knowledge they need in a communicative, learner-centred EFL classroom. Participants will normally have little or no experience of teaching EFL.It is highly regarded by EFL schools in Malta and covers teaching methodologies, class room management, language skills plus a special session on preparing for the SEPTT (a test of spoken classroom English where tasks will assume a familiarity with TEFL methodologies) In many countries, degree holders will find our TEFL Cert is accepted as a valid qualification for teaching English.
Course Content: Specific categories that are normally covered include:
- Language awareness: e.g. the parts of speech; tenses; active and passive; vocabulary systems; International Phonetic Alphabet; word and sentence stress
- Modern teaching techniques in a communicative, learner-centred classroom
- Teaching and practicing grammar
- Teaching reading skills
- Teaching listening skills
- Teaching and practicing pronunciation
- Lesson planning
- Classroom management
- Effective use of textbooks
- Starting a New Class
- Getting your first job
- Teaching and practicing vocabulary
- Teaching writing skills
- Teaching speaking skills
- Teaching adults
- Time management
- Error correction
- Teaching teenagers
- Future Professional Development
TELT Preparation Course
For students without the necessary pre-TEFL cert English qualifications we offer a TELT preparation course which leads up to the TELT Proficiency Examination held by the ELT Council. In the course, grammar (mainly tenses and parts of speech), phonology and other areas which appear in EFL course books are covered in some depth. Some writing skills and differences between formal and informal English are also addressed. In 2020 the ELT Council are waiving the exam fee but beware applications for the exam usually close one month prior to the exam date.
Our TEFL Cert. Courses are now eligible for funding under the Training Pays Scheme. The scheme offers assistance in the form of a training grant to aid participants (EU citizens residing in Malta) with costs related to training. The grant will be awarded to the eligible individual (trainee) after the successful completion of their training. Grants are equivalent to 75% of the direct training cost excluding VAT but will not exceed the maximum amount of €1,000. The minimum threshold for an application to be accepted will be set at €100.
- The scheme only applies for level rated courses MQF Level 1 to 5 (IH Malta TEFL Cert courses are pegged as a level 4 award on the NQF)
- Applications for funding must be submitted at least 15 days before the course start date
- The invoice and payment date for the course cannot precede the application for funding date
More information can be found at this link: https://jobsplus.gov.mt/schemes-jobseekers/training-pays-scheme.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org